adirondacks, boat rides in nyc, boating in New York, Boating in NYC, boating nyc, Camplain, Cayuga-Senaca Canals, Erie, Finger Lakes in NY, jet ski in nyc, Lake Champlain, Lake Erie, Lake George, Lake Placid, lakes in new york, new york, new york boating, new york lakes, ny lakes, nyc sailing, Oswego, personal watercraft, PWCs, Saranac Lake, sea doo dealers in new york, sea doo dealers in NJ, Sea-doo in NYC
New York offers an abundance of scenic waterways, offering outstanding recreational opportunities for Sea-Doo boating for New Yorkers and those travelling in from neighboring New Jersey. The Atlantic Ocean, Long Island Sound, and Lakes Ontario and Erie attract boaters interested in cruising off shore. Boaters looking for a more peaceful setting will enjoy the scenery and vineyards of the Finger Lakes. Boating enthusiasts can also travel to one of the many Adirondack lakes. For the historian and tourist, there are the Hudson River and the New York State Canal System.
Boating on the Erie, Oswego, Champlain and Cayuga-Seneca Canals
The New York State Canal System connects all the major waterways in and around New York State. The canals connect the Hudson River, Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, Lake Champlain, Oneida Lake the Finger Lakes and many other areas around New York State. The Canal Cooperation recently spent hundreds of millions of dollars reviving the canal-side towns that once were prosperous from passing commercial barges. They are focusing on opening up their town docks and walls to recreational boaters, with many providing free docking, power, water and other services. This effort has made the canals a desirable boating destination.
The canal boating season runs from May 1 though November 15 annually, weather permitting. If you are planning on boating in New York City, ensure you check canal lock times, permitting, canal passes, and adhere to all applicable rules. A great resource site for the New York canals is the New York State Canal Corporation, they provide an abundance of information on boating the canals of New York.
Boating the Adirondacks
Tucked into the mountains, surrounded by spectacular scenery of the Adirondack Mountains, you’ll find a number of lakes spacious enough to accommodate Sea-Doo boats and PWCs.
Lake George has been nicknamed the “Queen of American Lakes,” and is a recreation haven. Boaters, sailors, and jetskiers have been attracted to Lake George for years because of its scenic natural beauty and sheer size. Lake George is 32 miles long, with a surface area of roughly 28,000 acres, the activities available to enjoy a day on the water are as vast as the lake itself! On any given day you will find Sea-Doo boats or personal watercraft (PWC) cruising this spectacular lake.
Lake Champlain is a 121-mile fresh water lake set against a backdrop of the mighty Adirondacks, perfect for sailing, windsurfing and boating. Lake Champlain runs approximately 110 miles from Montreal, Canada to its southern tip in Whitehall, NY. Lake Champlain is renowned for its beauty and was recently named one of the top five bass fishing destinations in the US.
Lake Placid is a town rich in Olympic history as two-time site of the US winter Olympics (1932 and 1980) as well outdoor attractions. No matter what your favorite activity is boating, sailing, golfing, camping or rock climbing Lake Placid has activities for the whole family. Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake comprise what is known as the Tri-lakes region of New York.
Just minutes away from Lake Placid, you’ll find the Village of Saranac Lake where boaters can launch upstream into the Saranac Chain of Lakes and explore islands, ponds or enjoy the a spectacular sunset.
Tupper Lake has been nicknamed the “crossroads of the Adirondacks” due to it central location. Located within the Adirondack Park, it is named after the lake in the southwest part of the town and is the third and final lake in Tri-lakes region.
Sea-Doo dealers in New York:
- Bay Harbor Motors Corp., 457 Bay St., Staten Island, NY 10304, (718) 447-2020
- Crossbay Honda-Suzuki, 64-01 Crossbay Blvd., Howard Beach, NY 11414, (718) 738-7618
- Formula One Motorsports, 4030 Sunrise Highway, Oakdale, NY 11769, (631) 244-7447
- Honda Of Riverhead,1407 Pulaski St., Riverhead, NY 11901, (631) 727-5500
- Island Powersports, 4116 Sunrise Hwy., Massapequa, NY 11758, (516) 795-4400
- Jetsport Kawasaki, 390 E. Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station, NY 11746, (631) 424-4400
- Stamford Motorsports, 177 Greenwich Ave., Stamford, CT 06902, (203) 323-3141
Sea-Doo dealers in New Jersey:
- Atlantic City Cycle Center, LLC., 1181 S. Whitehourse Pike Hammonton, NJ, 08037 (609) 561-8181
- Beesley’s Point Sea-Doo, 912 North Shore Rd., Beesleys Point, NJ 08223, (609) 390-1113
- Can-Am Metuchen, 911 Middlesex Ave., Metuchen, NJ 08840, (732) 491-2900
- East Dover Marina, Inc., 605 Fisher Blvd, Toms River, NJ 08753, (732) 270-1104
- Hamilton Yamaha, 2635 S. Broad St., Trenton, NJ, 08610, (609) 888-1300
- Ledgewood Powersports, Inc.,1368 Route 46, Ledgewood, NJ 07852
- Motorcycle Mall, Inc., 165 Washington Ave., Belleville, NJ 07109, (973) 751-4545
- Surf City Marina, Inc., 325 S. First St., Surf City, NJ 08008, (609) 494-7447
- Xtreme Machines, LLC., 700 Highway 33 W. Millstone, NJ 08535, (732) 786-9696
For more information on visiting or boating in New York City, visit The New York City of Parks and Recreation.