BRP is looking to Spark some new fun at the world’s largest personal watercraft race, the IJSBA World Finals, and grow it into the world’s largest Sea-Doo enthusiast event. The Sea-Doo events team will be adding some agents of fun to the 2013 IJSBA World Finals, taking place in Lake Havasu City, AZ, from October 9 to 13, by orchestrating numerous Sea-Doo related activities for Sea-Doo X-TEAM racers and enthusiasts alike. The Sea-Doo X-TEAM returns to Lake Havasu to defend numerous World Championships with a flood of world-class watercraft racers competing on the Sea-Doo RXP-X.
The IJSBA World Finals is the largest watercraft specific event in North America where the best racers from around the globe converge to compete for World Championships. The event takes place at Crazy Horse Campgrounds in Lake Havasu City, AZ and draws 15,000 spectators every year. BRP has been a long-time supporter of watercraft racing and the IJSBA World Finals and leads the watercraft industry in race specific support through the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty racer contingency program and the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Promoter support program.
With the dominating success of the Sea-Doo RXP-X watercraft, BRP comes to this year’s event with a full schedule of activities and racer support initiatives. Sea-Doo race fans and general enthusiasts alike will be treated to an entertaining experience. Some of the 2013 Sea-Doo World Finals efforts will include:
- SEA-DOO SPARK SOME FUN ZONE – The Sea-Doo Spark Some Fun Zone will headline the IJSBA World Finals Performance Alley with a full display of the all new 2014 Sea-Doo Spark watercraft and Sea-Doo X-Series models.
- #FINDYOURSPARK CONTEST – Sea-Doo fans who follow @BRPSeaDoo on Instagram and will be in Lake Havasu City, Arizona during the World Finals will have the opportunity to win a all new Sea-Doo Spark watercraft. North American Fans will be able to take a Instagram “selfie” picture with a Sea-Doo Spark at secret locations around Lake Havasu City from Wednesday, October 9 through Saturday, October 12. For full contest details visit www.sea-doo.com/onboard.
- ULTIMATE SEA-DOO OWNERS RIDE III – The world’s premier personal watercraft event will be joined by the premier Ultimate Sea-Doo Owners Ride III on Saturday, October 12. Sea-Doo enthusiasts can experience an action filled Sea-Doo weekend by experiencing one of the most beautiful, one-day leisure boating rides in North America, and watching the best PWC racers in the world compete for Pro championships on Sunday. The ride will depart from Site Six Launch ramp at 8:30 AM and travel up the Colorado River to Pirates Cove Resort for a sponsored lunch stop and exclusive VIP Sea-Doo Spark Demo Rides. Open to Sea-Doo owners, participants will get a special owners ride event t-shirt, food, and be eligible for Sea-Doo giveaways. On top of all this, they’ll be the first to experience the incredibly accessible and fun Sea-Doo Spark. To register, visit seadoodemo.com.
- SEA-DOO X-TEAM BOUNTY NIGHT AND DAY CHALLENGE INVITATIONAL – Select Sea-Doo racers (noted below) who have faired well during the 2013 season are being invited to compete in a special high-stakes competition aboard the benchmark of watercraft racing, the 2014 Sea-Doo RXP-X. This year the top invitees will compete on the World Finals course to post their single lap time during Friday afternoon’s qualifying event. The top five qualifiers from Friday will be invited to compete Saturday night in the “Bounty under the Bridge” X-TEAM Slalom Challenge with the fastest time collecting $500 and the fastest three continuing on to the Sunday bounty final. The Sunday bounty final will see the fastest three Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty racers post their fastest single lap time on the new 2014 Sea-Doo RXP-X with the winner collecting another $500. If the same rider wins all three events (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) that rider will receive a $500 bonus and be featured as talent in 2015 Sea-Doo photo/video shoot.
2013 Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty Night and Day Invitees include:
- Troy Snyder
- Brian Baldwin
- Allan Dolecki
- Erminio Iantosca
- Jason Russo
- Cody Hawkins
- Michael Bellamy
- Eric Lagopoulos
- James Bushell
- James Masterson
- Jared Moore
- Additional international rider TBD
Qualifying will take place on Friday afternoon following races at World finals track.
- Sea-Doo Racer X-TEAM Appreciation Feast – BRP extends their hospitality by hosting Sea-Doo race teams on Wednesday night, October 9, at Mudsharks Grill in Lake Havasu City, with an appreciation dinner for racers, friends and family. All Sea-Doo racers are invited and can bring up to three guests to offset some of the costs of their efforts. The X-TEAM Feast will take place from 7 to 10pm and the new Sea-Doo Spark and RXP-X will make their Havasu debut at the event. Proof of Sea-Doo ownership (registration or title) AND official IJSBA event wristband is required for entry. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.facebook.com/seadoo for the most up-to-date information regarding BRP’s 2013 IJSBA World Finals activities.
For a look at the new 2014 Sea-Doo watercraft and riding gear, visit www.sea-doo.com