Orlando, Florida August 16, 2016 – BRP continues to shape the market and target the next generation of watercraft owners with the introduction of the Sea-Doo SPARK TRIXX model taking playtime on the water to the extreme. The 2017 SPARK TRIXX model not only changes the game, it helps invent new ones as it comes equipped with numerous innovations standard including; Handlebar with Adjustable Riser, Step Wedges and Extended Range Variable Trim System (VTS), all of which help riders effortlessly perform tricks like a pro.
The exclusive SPARK TRIXX package joins the Sea-Doo SPARK family, to provide more fun to water sport enthusiasts and to continue to make the dream of owning a watercraft a reality. The Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft is the most affordable watercraft on the market that costs close to 35% less than its closest competitor as well as being close to 35% more fuel-efficient. This industry leading fuel efficiency allows for more riding between fill-ups adding to the ease of use and its small lightweight design allows the SPARK model to be easily towed by popular compact sedan. The 2017 Sea-Doo SPARK models are easily customizable to fit the needs of a wide variety of riders. The new SPARK TRIXX takes customization a step further and fun to another level with features that will turn any rider into a local lake freestyle hero.
2017 SEA-DOO SPARK TRIXX Package
Popping into a perfect tail-stand from idle will capture every eye near the water and no one will know it was nearly effortless. The TRIXX package includes specific features that provide greater leverage and control to do fun freestyle tricks. The TRIXX package is based on the most compact and maneuverable watercraft on the market and adds exclusive features not found on any other production watercraft to deliver unmatched playfulness. The ultra lightweight 2-up SPARK model powered by the Rotax 900 HO ACE engine and with the Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR) system receives the addition of the handlebar with adjustable riser made of aluminum to create more leverage for increased rider input, the step wedges for secure footing and more confidence while going vertical and the Extended Range Variable Trim System (VTS) with double the range of the accessory VTS for the SPARK to bury the nose or pop the bow up easily with the tap of the throttle.
Tail-stands, power slides, 180 hops, and dozens of new tricks that have yet to be named are made easier with the new 2017 SPARK TRIXX package. In addition to the functional innovations is the new exclusive coloration: Candy Blue & Chili Pepper plus graphics including hull decals to make a statement in action or at rest. The Sea-Doo SPARK TRIXX watercraft provides a new way to play on the water and is sure to spark, “top this” challenges amongst friends and family.
2017 Sea-Doo SPARK
The popularity of the Sea-Doo SPARK stems for riders ability to build a watercraft to fit their lifestyle through five steps.
STEP 1: SELECT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS
- Sea-Doo SPARK 2-up: Provides a capacity for two riders with a maximum weight of 352 lbs (160 kg).
- Sea-Doo SPARK 3-up: Ideal for 2 adults and a child or teenager with a maximum capacity of 450 lbs (205 kg). It has an elongated seat and platform extension to provide more transom buoyancy, stability and towing capabilities.
STEP 2: PICK YOUR ENGINE
- Rotax 900 ACE1: Using just 1.94 gallons (7.34 L)2 of fuel per hour, it is the most fuel-efficient engine on the market3 and allows the Sea-Doo SPARK to reach a top speed of 40 mph (64 km/h)4.
- Rotax 900 HO ACE: Using only up to 2.4 gallons (9 L)5 per hour, this high-output engine has quicker acceleration and a higher top speed to reach close to 50 mph (80 km/h)4. It is available on both 2up and 3up models.
STEP 3: ADD iBR AND CONVENIENCE PACKAGE PLUS6
The Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft is also available with the exclusive Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR) system that provides a level of control and peace of mind that has become associated with modern Sea-Doo watercraft. The Sea-Doo iBR system is the first and only braking system recognized by the USCG (U.S. Coast Guard) for contributing to recreational boating safety since 2009. The optional Sea-Doo SPARK iBR system available on units with the Rotax 900 HO ACE engine is intuitive and specifically designed to offer maximum braking efficiency and low speed control with neutral starting.
A Sea-Doo SPARK equipped with iBR also comes standard with Sea-Doo’s Convenience Package Plus that includes popular optional items for Sea-Doo watercraft: a Front Storage Bin Kit, a Reboarding Step for easy reboarding and the Digitally Encoded Security System with radio frequency technology (RF D.E.S.S.) for greater security from theft and unauthorized use.
STEP 4: PICK YOUR COLOR
Riders can choose from exciting and vibrant Blueberry, Key Lime, Chili Pepper, Pineapple or Vanilla colorations.
STEP 5: PERSONALIZE IT
Consumers can decide to select one of our dozens of Attitude Graphic Kits or create one of their own to make their Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft unique to them. A customization offered only by Sea-Doo allows consumers to choose fully integrated accessories including:
- Tow Pro – Three accessories in one; a tow pylon, spotter handle and rack (available on 3-up units).
- Chill Shade – Provides coverage up to speeds of 35 mph (56 km/h) and on land.
- Reboarding Step – Convenient for reboarding and installs on the transom of the watercraft.
- Front Storage Bin Kit – Maximizes storage for essentials.
- RF D.E.S.S. Key – Digitally Encoded Security System programmed with a unique code.
- Manual Reverse Kit – Provides added maneuverability for watercraft without iBR.
- Side Protectors – Protects the Sea-Doo SPARK from small impacts and wear.
- Snap-In Fenders – Offer extra protection when docking and can be quickly attached.
- SPARK Move II trailer – Designed to carry two Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft.
- Speed Ties – Retractable dock lines at the helm and transom that store out of sight.
- Handlebar with Adjustable Riser – customize the ergonomics for greater leverage.
- Step Wedges – providing alternate footing while trying tricks.
- Extended Range Variable Trim System (VTS) – provides more extreme trim angles for greater adjustment.
The compact Sea-Doo SPARK is the lightest watercraft on the market ideal for short, playful and thrilling rides. Its compact design and lightweight construction also make it easy to own, easy to tow with a small car, and simple to store. The exclusive Exoskel architecture and durable Poytec material both contribute to the weight reduction while creating a unique modern design that defines the playful maneuverability of the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft and a power-to-weight ratio close to 30% better than the closest competitive model7.
Powered by the robust Rotax 900 ACE, the most fuel-efficient watercraft engine in the industry3 ,, the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft costs close to 35% less than the closest model8 . Designed specifically for delivering years of reliable fun, the Rotax 900 ACE is a compact in-line three-cylinder 4-stroke power plant featuring Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) system and Sea-Doo exclusive Closed-Loop Cooling System (CLCS). The Rotax 900 HO ACE adds power, featuring a Sport mode and has a top speed close to 50 mph (80 km/h)4.
Riders can personalize everything on the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft according to their necessities, personality, lifestyle and budget from technology features to color and accessories. Most of all, the Sea-Doo SPARK watercraft is compact, lightweight and an absolute blast to ride. The new Sea-Doo SPARK TRIXX model will turn family game night into family game day as doing tricks is easier than ever and is sure to start trick challenges among family and friends. From the first-time rider to freestyle fans the Sea-Doo SPARK and new TRIXX package make riding a Sea-Doo the most playful experience on the water.
BRP (TSX: DOO) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of powersports vehicles and propulsion systems. Its portfolio includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. BRP supports its line of products with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business. With annual sales of over CA$3.5 billion from 107 countries, the Company employs approximately 7,600 people worldwide.
1. Featured exclusively on the Sea-Doo SPARK 2up without Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR) and Convenience Package Plus.
2. Based on BRP internal testing of the Rotax 900 ACE.
3. Based on BRP internal testing and information on manufacturer’s websites. Testing of competitive model done under identical conditions.
4. Based on BRP internal testing. Actual top speed may vary depending on loading and other conditions.
5. Based on BRP internal testing of the Rotax 900 HO ACE.
6. iBR and Convenience Package Plus is not available on the SPARK 2up with the Rotax 900 ACE engine.
7. Source: Manufacturer’s and the Air Resource Board websites. Power-to weight ratio varies according to product specifications.
8. Source: Manufacturer’s website. Prices vary according to product specification.
All product comparisons, industry and market claims refer to new sit down PWC with 4-stroke engines.
Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Can-Am, Spyder, Rotax, SPARK, TRIXX, GTS, GTI, GTR, RXP, RXT, WAKE, iBR, D.E.S.S., iTC, iControl, Ergolock, Polytec, Exoskel, iS, T3, S3 and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. GTX is a trademark of Castrol Limited used under license.
All product comparisons, industry and market claims refer to new sit down watercraft with 4-stroke engines. Watercraft performance may vary depending on, among other things, general conditions, ambient temperature, and altitude, riding ability and rider/passenger weight. Testing of competitive models done under identical conditions. Not all functions available for all models. Model names may differ for international markets. Please note some models may not be available in all regions. Please contact your local BRP representative for more information.