2012 Sea0Doo X-Team bounty, Brad Bohat, Brian Baldwin, Chris Heinrich, Chris MacClugage, Claude Clayton, Cody Hawkins, Elite Team Support, Eric Lagopolous, Erminio Iantosca, IJSBA, James Bushell, Jeremy Schandlemeyer, Rick Cantola, RXP-X 260, Sea-Doo Bounty Program, Sea-Doo PWC, Stan Hightower, Troy Snyder, x-team.
BRP has supercharged their personal watercraft racing efforts with the launch of BRP’s new Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 model with a more in-depth racing support program for 2012.
The 2012 Sea-Doo X-TEAM program includes four key elements:
• Chris MacClugage joining James Bushel on the Sea-Doo RXP-X 260
• Larger payouts with through the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty racer contingency program
• New Sea-Doo X-Team Elite support effort
• Sea-Doo X-TEAM promoter support program
Chris MacClugage Chooses to Join the Sea-Doo X-TEAM
Chris MacClugage, arguably the best PWC racer of all time, has chosen to compete aboard Sea-Doo watercraft for the first time in his storied, 25-year career. After winning 15 championships, MacClugage made the move to the X-TEAM after taking several test rides on the new Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 and noting it was, “the best stock watercraft I have ever ridden” and watching James Bushell dominate the 2011 IJSBA World Finals aboard the RXP-X’s new T3 hull. MacClugage will compete on Monster Energy backed MACC Racing Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 models in closed course competitions in both the US an internationally and on a Sea-Doo RXT-X in offshore and endurance races. See the Chris MacClugage interview, go to http://bit.ly/12XTeamMac.
2012 Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty
BRP continues to lead the industry by supporting PWC racers with the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty, the only racer contingency program in the sport, offering additional funds to racers finishing on the podium* aboard Sea-Doo watercraft. This “open sponsorship” is available to all modern* Sea-Doo watercraft racers rewarding them for top finishes and to help fund their racing efforts. For 2012 many of the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty payouts have been raised and go deeper. For more information on the go to http://bit.ly/2012XteamBounty.
Sea-Doo X-TEAM Elite
New for 2012 is the addition of the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Elite support effort. This effort will include extra VIP elements from BRP to assist the elite Sea-Doo racers in North America compete at a higher level in 2012.
• Premium X-TEAM Pit area access at IJSBA Toyota National Tour events and at the IJSBA World Finals in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
• Select racers offered discounts on new Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 models.
• Sea-Doo X-TEAM gear – Select racers will wear Sea-Doo X-TEAM wetsuits, PFD, etc.
• Personal Promotion – select racers will be featured in various Sea-Doo communications
The Sea-Doo X-TEAM Gold Standard Racers in North America include:
• Brian Baldwin – North Carolina
• Brad Bohat – Wisconsin
• Rick Cantola – Colorado
• Claude Clayton – Mississippi
• Cody Hawkins – Florida
• Stan Hightower – Georgia
• Chris Heinrich – California
• Erminio Iantosca – Florida
• Eric Lagopoulos – Florida
• Chris MacClugage – Arizona
• Jeremy Schandlemeyer – Florida
• Troy Snyder – Florida
o NOTE, Not all mentioned racers are eligible to all aspects of the Elite effort
Sea-Doo X-TEAM Promoter support program
BRP continues to lead the industry in PWC racing support with the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Promoter Support program. BRP will sponsor the strongest PWC racing events across North America to assist the promoters in producing first class racing events. BRP is giving back to the sport giving the PWC racing community better events and more of them. Visit www.ijsba.com for the 2012 race event calendar.
To get more information on the Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 and Sea-Doo X-TEAM efforts for 2012 visit www.sea-doo.com.
*Racers must compete on a 4-TEC powered, IJSBA homologated Sea-Doo watercraft model and finish in the top two or three positions determined by the 2012 Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty supported classes.