Valcourt, QC, CANADA– September 23, 2015 – BRP is ready to take the 2015 IJSBA World Finals to the next level with the introduction of new 300-HP Sea-Doo watercraft models. The Sea-Doo X-TEAM is looking to forge the next chapter in performance history by adding to their four-year string of Pro Open and Pro GP World Championship titles. The X-TEAM is led by 2014 champions James Bushell and Jean-Baptiste Botti and joined by Sea-Doo rider Erminio Iantosca, who claimed the 2015 US IJSBA National Championship, all on RXP-X models.
The IJSBA World Finals is taking place October 5-11, 2015 in Lake Havasu City, Arizona and is renown as the largest watercraft specific event in North America where the best racers from around the globe converge to compete for World Championships. The event takes place at Crazy Horse Campgrounds in Lake Havasu City, AZ and draws 15,000 spectators every year. BRP is the leading supporter of watercraft racing through the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty racer contingency program and the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Promoter support program.
Following the unveiling of the 2016 Sea-Doo RXP-X 300, RXT-X 300, and GTX Limited 300 in Nashville, Tennessee the Sea-Doo Events Team comes to the 2015 World Finals with fun fan activities and special X-TEAM initiatives. Sea-Doo race fans and general enthusiasts alike will see how Sea-Doo is taking watercraft riding to the Next Level. 2015 Sea-Doo World Finals efforts will include:
- #SEADOONEXTLEVEL ZONE – The Sea-Doo Next Level Zone will headline the IJSBA World Finals Performance Alley by showcasing the new 300-HP Sea-Doo RXP-X 300, RXT-X 300, GTX Limited 300 and new Sea-Doo SPARK models in Blueberry, Key Lime, and Chilly Pepper.
- #SEADOONEXTLEVEL EXPERIENCE – The Sea-Doo Events Team will be offering test rides on the new 300-HP Sea-Doo models for a limited time on Friday, October 9th and Saturday, October 10th on the west end of Performance Alley at the World Finals event site.
- SEA-DOO ULTIMATE OWNERS RIDE V – The world’s largest personal watercraft event will be joined by the premier Sea-Doo Ultimate Owners Ride V on Saturday, October 10th. Sea-Doo owners can enjoy an action filled Sea-Doo weekend by experiencing one of the most beautiful, one-day, leisure boating rides in North America, and watching the best watercraft racers in the world compete for Pro championships on Sunday. The ride will depart from Site Six Launch ramp at 8:30 AM and travel up the Colorado River to Pirate Cove Resort for a sponsored Sea-Doo lunch stop and exclusive VIP seating for the Sunday Pro Finals behind the Sea-Doo Next Level Zone in performance alley. Open to Sea-Doo owners*, participants will get a special owners ride event hat, food, and be eligible for Sea-Doo giveaways. For more information visit sea-doo.com/owners-ride.
- #SEADOONEXTLEVEL BOUNTY CHALLENGE – Elite Sea-Doo racers (noted below) who have landed on podiums during the 2015 season are being invited to compete in a special competition aboard the new 300-HP Sea-Doo RXT-X 300. The invited riders will qualify Friday evening, October 9th, with the fastest two riders on the slalom course moving on to the next level, the final on Sunday, October 11th. The top two qualifying Sea-Doo racers will complete in a special competition simultaneously on the World Finals course with the winner taking home $1000 and the runner up claiming $300 of Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty money.
- 2015 #SEADOONEXTLEVEL Challenge Invitees include:
- James Bushell
- Erminio Iantosca
- Jean-Baptiste Botti
- Eric Lagopoulos
- Blain Spooner
- Paul Green
- Dylan Osborne
- Additional international rider TBD
Visit facebook.com/SeaDoo for the most up-to-date information regarding BRP’s 2015 IJSBA World Finals activities.
For a look at the new 2016 Sea-Doo watercraft and riding gear, visit www.sea-doo.com
*All Sea-Doo Ultimate Owners Ride V drivers must possess a valid driver’s license and must be 18 years old or older and utilize a 2002 or newer, four-stroke Sea-Doo watercraft.